Curriculum Vitae of Harmen Janssen
Born 1985 in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- 1997 - 2002
- Stedelijke Scholen Gemeenschap Nijmegen, HAVO.
- 2003 - 2006
- Studied Multimedia Design at The Eindhovense School (formerly known as the 'Grafisch Lyceum Eindhoven'), specialising in Authoring.
- 2002 - 2003
- I was not sure what education would suit me best, so I spent the year exploring while working at DYKA as a warehouse employee.
- August 2004 - January 2005
- Six months internship at Quipment, where I was mainly responsible for Actionscript programming and webdesign.
- January 2006 - May 2006
- Five months internship at The Fruitlounge. I was responsible for both client-side and server-side development.
- 2005 - 2006
- I am getting approached more and more for web-related issues and doing approximately one job a month independantly.
- 2006 - Q4 2007
- I'm working as a full-time, official freelance developer. I have worked on various Dutch and foreign websites.
- Q4 2007 - Q4 2008
- Working for Dutch Internet Works, as a designer and developer.
- Q4 2008 - current
- Working for Grrr Medialab, as a web developer.
- Markup language
- Perfectly capable of writing valid (X)HTML according to W3C guidelines. I write validating CSS (levels 1, 2 and 3) to provide this markup with some style. I also know my way around XML and XSLT, albeit in a slightly more concise fashion.
- Client-side scripting
- Server-side scripting
- Capable of writing dynamic pages using PHP in combination with MySQL. I can write Object Oriented solutions and I'm able to think out application designs.
- Basic knowledge of Flash as a piece of software and, albeit mostly theoretical, extensive knowledge of Actionscript 2.0.
I know my way around Photoshop and Illustrator.
I also have a good understanding of usability, accessibility and findability on the web and in interfaces in general.